Friday, August 1, 2014

World Cosplay Summit

August 2nd in Sakae, I took my 4 children and ventured around Oasis 21 looking at all the people in cosplay. There was a parade and a karaoke competition, but I wasn't able to figure out the time of the parade and didn't stick around for the karaoke. There is a large competition aspect to this event, and you can find more info on the official website.


At Oasis 21 people had gathered and about 1/4 of them were in cosplay. The people who were decked out and had the better costumes had lines of photographers waiting to take their picture. People didn't just snap photos of other people. They would ask nicely and wait while others took their own photos till it was their turn to ask and shoot.

The girls only saw one person in costume who got them excited. It was a person in a Pokemon mascot-like costume. He was Lucario, the steel-fighting Pokemon. We didn't see someone dressed as "Ash" but since he was a grown man, not a 10 year-old boy, the girls were not impressed and didn't ask for his picture.

They do watch "One Piece" with me and recognized "Trafalgar Law".  They didn't notice any of the other people dressed as the other characters from the show, but there were several dressed as Luffy and even a flat chested Nami.

I had a lot of fun looking at people. There was quite a few people there from an anime "Magi; The Labyrinth of Magic". I really like this anime and was pleased to see all the splendid costumes. I almost didn't go, but I am very glad that I did. I would recommend this even to everyone who likes anime or manga.  

1 comment:

  1. Have you gone to see the cosplay at that park where we watched the cherry blossoms (Tsurumai)?

    ReplyDelete