Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Sprint at the End

So, Anna did a marvelous job of packing up the house. I've been living in a nearly empty building for the past two weeks. Of importance to this post, a "nearly empty building" still contains a surprising amount of stuff.


We're trying to rent our house out, so most of the stuff, including the furniture, had to go into storage. Fortunately, there's a garage on the property, so it didn't have to go very far to get to storage. I've been slowly working on the last packing and cleaning tasks. But suddenly, it was the last night at the place, and everything needed to get done.

I got home around seven pm, and set to work. By eight I had eaten a meal and had the fridge empty. By nine I had the rest of the food packed away. By ten I had finished cleaning the refrigerator. By eleven I had finished cleaning the rest of the cabinets. By midnight I had taken most of the stuff out of the master bathroom. By one I had the kitchen emptied as well, and a load of laundry started. By two I got the floor in the kitchen clean. By three the bathroom floor was clean, and I sorted, folded, and finished the final load of laundry. By four the bathtub and mirror were done as well, and I've eaten a makeshift breakfast. Five o-clock in the morning saw the rest of the clothes out of the closets. At five twenty I went to bed.

Seven o-clock rolls around, and I roll out of bed, pack up the inflatable mattress, store the last of the odds and ends, take the trash out to the curb, shave, load up my bags, lock the house, and drive to work.

I'm feeling a bit fatigued at this point. But at least it's all done!

1 comment:

  1. Such an exciting time in life. Hope all goes smoothly. We look forward to your updates and interesting times. Love to you all on your journey.

    ReplyDelete