Monday, April 14, 2014

Tired in Japan

If your planning on coming to Japan, and your going to live in the city be prepared to walk everywhere.

Before coming to Japan, it was winter in the NW, cold and wet. I didn't do much walking before I came to Japan and I feel out of shape. After getting here, I went on a long walk with my three children, my two girls walked and I carried my son in a front pack. We left at about 9am and got back at noon. I was tired and sore when I got home. It was the first time I had carried my son in the front pack for months and he is much heavier now then he was then. It was a nice walk. Japan has lots of interesting buildings, is very clean, and the cherry trees are in bloom.
When your walking around in spring, its easy to tell when you pass a shrine. Most shrines have large, beautiful cherry trees that have lovely blossoms. They are noticeable over the shrine walls. There are some that are in between buildings and are just a small shrine with their traditional entry.

We have come across many little playgrounds when we go out for walks around town. The kids get to run around and play for half hour and then we head home. Lots of times we will stop and grab a bento or two for lunch.

We are having lots of fun walking around Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment