Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Getting a Ride at the Doctor's

Went to my third prenatal appointment today. Everything went great. We left the house and got there without a problem. I got my paper and number and took care of "business" and got to the waiting area. Leah and Charlette were great and didn't cry of fuss when I left them in the waiting area and finished measuring my weight and taking my blood pressure. Teddy stayed with me when the doctor saw me and was pretty good. He got a bit worried when I put him down and laid down for my ultrasound, but it wasn't a problem.

Then came the fun part.
I had to have a swab taken today. I don't know what it was for. They tried to explain it and I couldn't understand, its one of those words/phrases that is not usually taught in ESL classes. I think its the Strep B test that they do. So I had to "drop my drawers" and sit in this interesting looking chair. The seat of the chair was split into 3 parts, one for each leg and a small section under my butt. Then they push a button and it leans back, lifts up, and spreads my legs. It was very strange, they were done in less then 30 seconds and then the chair went in reverse to put me back in the position I started in. Teddy was able to sit with me, which was nice, because he won't go to the nurse.

Then the doctor talked to us a little, told me baby is still a bit small, but they aren't worried about it anymore. Looked like baby is head down and ready to go, due in about 6 weeks. Got my fingers crossed, hoping baby is a bit early.

So. If you seeing an OB in Japan... be warned that they have a mechanical chair designed to expose your parts in the most efficient manner possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment