Wednesday, May 14, 2014

My Second Visit to the Hospital

First thing was to remember to have my vial of "morning urine" sample (Vial? More like vile!) and my mother's handbook with me when I left the house. I got myself ready and the children and stepped out the door to find that the trash we had left out had been gotten into by a bird. It was a huge mess and was terrible. I had not put time in my day to clean up a mess before leaving for the hospital. I run back in the house and grab my broom and a new trash bag. I clean up the mess and take the trash down to the curb-side drop-off.

Now finally on my way to the train to get to the hospital, nothing else unexpected happened. YAY.

We get to the hospital and can't use the kiosk on the first floor to print off my order for that day. So its off to the 3rd floor to get them, then back down to the 2nd floor to give them my vial and give an additional urine sample, then back to the 3rd floor. I record my own blood pressure and weight. I get seen by a midwife right after that. We go into a room and review my info and I fill out a form with questions on my hospital stay: How are you getting there when in labor? Food allergies? What's your religion and do you have food restrictions related to religion? Do you pray at a set time?

When I finish talking to her, its "wait for the doctor" time. It wasn't too long, just about 45 mins. The doctor sees me and they measure my uterus and take an ultra sound. There is a student who does a first look at the baby and takes a measurement and then the doctor does the same thing. Turns out the baby is 200 grams under weight. They ask if I have time to stay for them to put me on a fetal monitor for half hour. I say no I don't have time.

So we decide that if baby is still small at the next appointment to do the half hour on the fetal monitor. The baby "is"1522 grams and "should" be 1700 grams. Its not a big difference. I'm confident that the baby is fine, as there is not any apparent issues with baby's heart on the ultra sound.

So, baby is doing great and everything is going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment