Monday, June 9, 2014

Sewing with a Machine

Now I have been able to make more things quickly. I love Pintrest and if you want to follow me there too, here's my page http://www.pinterest.com/annatspooner/. Here are some of the things I have made with my new sewing machine.

I followed this website tutorial for these dresses that I made. They are fun and easy to make. I didn't put any pockets on mine because I didn't want to have to sew up an extra seam on the skirt of the dress for pockets. I might put pockets onto the outside of the dresses later. I got the buttons off Amazon.co.jp.




I bought a skirt here in Japan and, after I wore it, I decided that I didn't like it. Charlette grew out of one of her shirts and I used it to make a dress for her from the skirt I didn't like. Its much cuter as a little girls dress then it was as a lady's skirt. It took 20 minutes to make, from cut to final stitching. I have used the same idea to make the dress from my failed skirt project.

Then I had a skirt fail when I tried to make this skirt.
I tried to change a few things and didn't follow all the instructions the way she shows you. It failed and ended up becoming a dress for my daughter. I like this one much more then the plaid dress from the other post.
I am really happy to have a machine to do all the strait stitching for me and to make the projects less tedious and more fun. I am slightly goal oriented and love the feeling of having finished something. The girls love it when I make things for them and they get to put them on.

No comments:

Post a Comment